Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weight Loss: Traveling and Eating Out.

I was traveling this week. It is so hard to be good, eating out. Unless very expensive eating out. If you go to really expensivesteak houses or seafood restaurants it is pretty easy. You get nice cut of beef and veggies. Small portions for lots of money. But if you go to cheaper places: fun starts. Everything is fried. After one week of eating out I cannot stand smell of fried food. You go out for lunch. You order salad. Sounds healthy right? Salad should be healthy. I am wondering why many places insist to load up salads with calories, and carbs, and fat. They add chips, tortilla strips, bacon, pepperoni, potatoes, onion rings, nuts covered in sugar, ham, and lots of cheese into salad. We have to be really careful what we get, and what we eat. I’ve seen 1000 calories salads without dressing. Also be careful with dressings. Chipotle offers pretty healthy salads, but if you add dressing, which is really yummy, you add about 300 calories and tons of fat and crabs into your salad. I always prefer oil and vinegar. Or I get dressing on the side. And add just a little bit, for taste. I learned not to like salads swimming in dressings. In St Louise I was pleasantly surprised with one restaurant, called Blueberry Hill. It is really a nightclub. Chuck Berry is going to perform there next week BTW.. I wish I could be there. They also serve lunches and dinners. We went there for lunch. It didn’t look like a great healthy restaurant. Not expensive at all. I ordered salad. They brought nice portion not too big, not too little, mixed lettuce (not just iceberg), radishes, celery, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, just a hint of cheese, couple of slices of eggs, grilled chicken, and yogurt and dill dressing on the side. Yummy and healthy. I was very impressed.
In another place, very expensive, modern fusion, tapas. Small portions and all. I ordered artichokes hearts, they brought those deep fried. I just do not understand why they insist to get something that naturally taste really good and fry it to death. You cannot taste any artichokes there, just fried breading. Not to mention million calories breading and oil are adding to dish. Hey were also served it with dipping sauce.
As I mentioned earlier, I’ve sinned during my traveling. I ate staff I shouldn’t be easting. As a result I gained a few, I need to lose those few. I weight 134 Lb now. Will post my progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment