Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weight Loss: Exercise

I hate gym! I get bored on machines. I do not like aerobics or step, or cycling. It would be nightmare for me to get up 2 hours earlier to hit the gym before work. I don’t enjoy Yoga or Pilate’s (too boring). I cannot run. I am afraid to go too fast on bicycle. I am allergic to chlorine of swimming pool. I do not like playing sports. Or watching. Rock climbing and I are not compatible (I value my nails too much).
I did go to gym for few years. Kicking my butt in. I was lucky for 6 months I was working in the building with gym in the basement. That gym offered boot camp during the lunch hour. I didn’t need to spend my after work precious time on disgusting gym. I did it for 6 months straight 5 times a week. I’ve never been in the better shape. (I’ve lost weight by then already). I didn’t enjoy it at all. I enjoyed feelings I had after. It was also very refreshing to exercise during lunch.
I am lucky. There is one type of exercise I like. I love dancing. While I have to kick my butt to gym, I would dance myself happily to the dance class. I just love it!
I think the key to successful exercise regiment is to find something that suites you, something you enjoy. It is much easier to stick into routine if you enjoy it. Dancing is a great exercise: ballet helps with muscle toning, posture and core, tap is a greatest cardio ever (I had no idea, it does not look like that at all), Jazz gives you combination of muscle training, cardio and it is also lots of fun!
Dancing is good for you butt and it is also really good for your brain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment