Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weight Loss: Stress

There are some lucky people out there who stop eating while they are in stress. All of us know somebody under stress losing crazy pounds. Not me. Not me. When I am under stress, I am eating. I need comfort food. My ex was historian and political scientist. Logically we came to DC hoping for him to find a job. We tried to rent an apartment first. Nobody wanted to rent for us, since none of us had jobs. We had some savings, but no job means no place to live. The Internet didn’t exist back then. Cell phones were really rare beasts only for rich people,, so we had to use pay phone, or just popup into apartment buildings. Everything was so slow back then. We could not find anything. I will remember this moment for the rest of my life. Hopefully I will never have this feeling again, ever again! We were sitting at the gas station in the car, trying to figure out what to do next. Our condo in Boston was rented for another few months. We had no place to go. I felt HOMELESS. My reaction: I went into gas station store and bought couple of hotdogs.


In the end it all turned out good, with one exception: I gained another size.

0 comments:

Post a Comment