Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weight Loss: Does Size Matter?

When I was in school, we called tall and skinny girls giraffes. We didn’t know then that were beautiful and they really looked like models. Standards are changing. We should not. Now skinny is in fashion. It does not mean that everybody has to be skinny. Being skinny does not mean to be happy. Or in some cases healthy. I know few lucky people look and feel just great and comfortable in larger size. All of them stay physically active and exercise on regular basis. Most importantly they can eat whatever they want and stay beautiful, happy and healthy.
I envy them.
I think the key is if you are comfortable in your size, if you feel great, if your size does not prevent you from physical activities, if it does not affect your health, and if you like yourself in the mirror, do not change it! Congratulations, you have great balance in your life! Do not follow stereotypes to reach some ideal weight hat does not suit you. You do not need to look like a model to be beautiful. If you like your self, you are beautiful!
When I was in XL size. I was not physically active. I could not exercise, at all. I kept toothbrush upstairs and downstairs, so I could brush my teeth without climbing to the second floor. It was too hard for me. I also didn’t like what I saw in the mirror. I was not lucky. I didn’t feel comfortable being XL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment